Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

Saturday, August 04, 2007

Midsummer

Another long stretch between blogs, for which I should and will apologize. Life gets in the way sometimes. In fact, I'll make no promises about how soon I'll be posting again, as I have quite a bit of work piled up -- writing a Lenten devotional and two magazine articles, plus teaching two classes this fall and winter. Oh yes, and then there is my regular job.
It has been a long, dry hot summer so far, but with some watering and a heavy layer of mulch, we were able to coax a little produce out of the garden. That includes about 9 small pumpkins from one hill. They are Connecticut Field pumpkins, and I plan to try to can some of them for later use. My tomatoes -- including a Yugoslavian heirloom and a Roma-type called Federle, have been slow ripening but appear to be getting color now. With my prolific peppers and good crop of onions, that means salsa making in a couple of weeks.
Life has been good, if not spectacular, of late. Then again, I suppose a steady diet of spectacular would be overwhelming -- or at least get old. Of course, I am getting old, so maybe I and spectacular could grow old together. Hmmmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home